Tuesday, April 05, 2011

E is for Essays unfinished

Going through some old files, I came across a couple of paragraphs I wrote in January of 2006. It was meant to be the beginning of an essay.


My mom died in the hospital a couple of years ago, on a day of perhaps too-invasive tests to find the cause of internal bleeding.  I’d stopped by on my way home from work just to check up on her, only to hear from a doctor that she was minutes away from death.  To be with her in those last unconscious moments was both my privilege and my heartache.

Now she lies next to my dad, and they are finally at peace with each other.  What else is left but fond memories?

8 comments:

The Yard Bard said...

A privilege and a heartache to read. Thank you for sharing such a personal moment.

C R Ward said...

You should definitely finish that essay.

baygirl32 said...

What a deeply personal moment. Be greatful you were there.

I think that you should definatly finish the essay

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

keep it up.

bless your writing...

:)

Martha said...

There may be additional essays but this is an entire essay itself. I'm there with you, I lost my mother in November. Sometimes there just isn't anything more to be said.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Beautiful lady and a beautiful piece. This touched me.


MaryV

Sherri Lackey said...

sweet post!

Rosalind Adam said...

That's so moving. I'm in the process of watching my mum die in a Nursing Home and this was particularly poignant for me.