Sunday, August 14, 2011

Trying out Scrivener

I'm sitting on my sister-in-law's deck in New England, 2400 miles from home, waiting for the mosquitoes to leave and my older brother to arrive from New Jersey. Meanwhile, I have been trying out Scrivener to write my new novel. The actual writing will still be in Word, but Scrivener seems like a nice tool for building the elements, including characters and plot points. Plotting has always been a problem for me; I get it done, but usually the hard way. Let's see if this software makes it any easier. At least I'll know what scenes to write.

3 comments:

virginia winters said...

Hi Bob; I've been using Scrivener since the original note about it. I've found it very useful, not only for plotting, but timelines and keeping track of pov's. I had been using Storymill but find this more useful. all the best with it. Regards Virginia Winters

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Never used Scrivener, just Word.

Su said...

I've just started messing with Scrivener, and thus far I like it. A lot. We shall see!