Friday, April 12, 2013

K is for Kitchen Sink


So I was mulling over a K-topic for the A-Z Challenge and having a time coming up with anything good. Hmm. Kansas? I drove through it once but haven't visited. Kit-Kat Bars? Absolutely delicious, but 'nuf said. Kittens? Love 'em but I've written a lot about them lately. Knockwurst? Nah. Korea? Too serious, and I've never been there anyway, and it might lead me to writing about Kimchee.  And I know nothing about Kankakee, Illinois or Kissimmee, Florida.

But I am running out of time to write a post, so allow me to present the Kitchen Sink.


This little stainless steel wonder rests on a counter of granite, and it's connected to a new garbage disposal and a neat collection of pipes and drains--under the hood, as it were. My wife and I spend more time standing in front of it than we should, given that a modern dishwasher sits right next to it. The darned thing doesn't clean as well as it should.

When I was a kid, I spent lots of time washing, rinsing, drying, and putting away the family's dishes after supper. Then when we'd visit my oldest brother and his wife in New Jersey, he and I would wash dishes together so his wife could relax and so we could chat. Believe it or not, that left me with fond memories of washing dishes by hand.

But no, I won't come over and do your dishes. Well, unless you feed me. What's for dessert?

5 comments:

Fairview said...

Another great post. It is wonderful that you are able to make a sink interesting!

Catch My Words said...

We made the mistake of getting a white kitchen sink. Hate it.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Stephen Tremp said...

I like washing dishes. Except for the dishpan hands. Where's Madge and her Palmolive when I need them?

Bob Sanchez said...

Madge! I remember her! That commercial goes way back, my man.

Arlee Bird said...

We never had a automatic dishwasher when I was growing up, but I don't recall ever having to wash the dishes either. I guess in my family it was considered woman's work so I never had to do it. Actually I don't mind washing a few dishes by hand now and then.

Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out
Twitter: @AprilA2Z