Saturday, April 19, 2014

Q is for Quebec

We visited Quebec several times and have always loved the place. Montmorency Falls lies on the north side of the Saint Lawrence River just across from Quebec City. There is a lower, more modern part of the city, while the walled upper part, Haute Ville, is centuries old and was a battle site in the French and Indian War. The building is the elegant hotel Chateau Frontenac, which oversees a boardwalk and the river.

Chateau Frontenac Montmorency Falls







4 comments:

djinnia said...

Quebec sounds like a wonderful city to visit.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

My grandfather was born there and I've never been to Quebec. Shame on me. My sister went during the Winter Carnival. She said it was spectacular.

Susan Scott said...

The photos are lovely Bob. I look forward to following your posts from now on - I LOVE travel and learning about places yet to visit.
Garden of Eden Blog

Jemima Pett said...

I did Quebec too - but with a book review! Lovely photos.

Jemima
#TeamDamyanti
Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April